cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardatl
Regular Visitor

Unresponsive, blank screen in PowerApps editor.

When editing my app through the PowerApps web application, I run into an error in which one of the screens will not load. If I click on the screen to try to edit it, it makes my entire PowerApps editor interface unresponsive.

Attached is an image of what I see when I click on the screen to edit it.

This is the second time I've encountered this bug. After trying everything the first time (e.g., exporting and importing the app as new, trying different browsers, restoring a previous version, etc.) I had to rebuild the app from scratch. Now it's happening on the rebuilt app. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

I used the inspect tool to see if any errors were being thrown by the editor itself. The attached image labeled "no-click" shows the console before I click on the screen. The attached image labeled "screen-click-error" shows the console after I click on the screen and it freezes up.

7 REPLIES 7
KranthiTupakula
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Do you have a lot of data being loaded on that app screen load?

The screen currently has a Form Description that shows the meta data of the file that is selected on the previous screen, so I would say that it does not have a higher data load than usual.

Which browser are you using?

Can you try it on other browsers?

Currently using Brave Browser (Chrome). The error is persistent on FireFox and Edge, so I don't think changing browsers is the solution.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @richardatl ,

I'm not sure about your issue, but it looks like some bug from PowerApps studio.

Could you please try to turn off the Component and Explicit Column Selection, etc. preview features to see if the issue is fixed?

Hope this helps.

Sik

Thanks for the response. I turned off everything in the "Advanced Settings" tab and deleted my components. I'm still running into the same error.

ErikPauwels
Frequent Visitor

I have 2 APPs with the same problem, still not solved 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,538)