cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxwellc
Regular Visitor

Upadate Sharepoint lists numeric column value as blank

Hello everyone!

I have a Sharepoint list containing multiple numeric columns as a powerapp datasource. Requirement is to be able to modify these values from within the App, including removal of values.

For some reason, a form containing datacards of these columns doesn't update the value when it is removed completely, it has to be replaced with another number, otherwise it is left as is. 

I found this change request dating back to 2016, which led me to believe that action of value removal is still not supported form within the app. 

So I am wondering, whether anybody has figured a way around this?

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you kindly!

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@maxwellc 

Make sure you have turned on Formula-level error management in your advanced settings.  This is the only way you can write a blank back to a datasource.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@maxwellc 

Make sure you have turned on Formula-level error management in your advanced settings.  This is the only way you can write a blank back to a datasource.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,178)