cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cycuS
Frequent Visitor

Update Approval from PowerApps (force approval flow to move on)

Hi,

I am creating two two-tier approval in Power Automate for requests acceptance. Case is:

1. User creates a request.

2. First manager accepts from Teams or PowerApps (simple approval flow).

3. User gets notification (Request accepted by manager).
4. Flow moves to second acceptance to second manager. Manager approves.

5. User gets notification (Request accepted by second manager).

This all works fine via Teams and adaptive cards. But when I introduce acceptances via PowerApps -> Open specific record and accept this from simple PowerApps form -> I am unable to influence Power Automate flow.

I am able to update Approval & Flow Approvals & Approval Responses tables in CDS so Adaptive card in Teams is updated and is no longer valid if user accepted request via PowerApps - so that works fine.

But even when I update CDS Approval records I am unable to make Power Automate flow move. Even when this Approval is finished (see pictures) this flow is stuck. I dont know if it is possible to make it run without adaptive card interactions? When I accept request via PowerApps, flow does not go futher so there is no notification sent to a user about request completion and second manager is unable to get his approval (because flow is stuck). Below is a picture showing flow situation even all tables in CDS are updated and adaptive card in Teams (approval adaptive card - see attachments) are updated also.

cycuS_1-1617892462800.png

When I want to update approvals I update CDS tables:

Approval, Flow Approvals, Approval Responses:

UpdatedCDS.PNG

cycuS_2-1617892605587.png

Then all records that are connected to created in flow approval are completed. But flow does not react to changes made in database. Should I create some POST request somewhere to pass data to flow?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,441)