cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update Bit column in Power BI integration with Power Apps

Happy Hump day! Having one of those days.  

What is the best approach, when selecting a user from the Table Visual and updating the "Accepted" column which the value chosen. 

What l' m i missing?

Items property: 

["Yes","No"]

Accepted1.PNG

Patch('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',LookUp('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',ThisRecord.Id=Gallery1.Selected.EmployeeId),{Accepted:Value(Dropdown1.Selected.Value)});PowerBIIntegration.Refresh();

Accepted3.PNGAccepted2.PNG

Thank you very much in advance! I hope i explain myself clearly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

HI @oappdev  again 😊...

Let me see .. can you try

Patch('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',LookUp('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',ThisRecord.Id=Gallery1.Selected.EmployeeId),{Accepted:Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes"});PowerBIIntegration.Refresh();

to see if it works ... 

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

HI @oappdev  again 😊...

Let me see .. can you try

Patch('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',LookUp('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',ThisRecord.Id=Gallery1.Selected.EmployeeId),{Accepted:Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes"});PowerBIIntegration.Refresh();

to see if it works ... 

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @gabibalaban again 😂

You been a rock start today!

It working, when i select my name and update the "Accepted" column. But when, i selected someone else. Is not updating.

Mine selection.

Mine.PNG

Selecting other user.

Other.PNG

Highlighted

@oappdev i have a hunch that your Patch() is under the OnChange property of the combobox ? Can you try a Reset(ComboBox), like this:

Patch('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',LookUp('[dbo].[FluTrackerDetail]',ThisRecord.Id=Gallery1.Selected.EmployeeId),{Accepted:Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Yes"});PowerBIIntegration.Refresh();Reset(combobox)

Highlighted

@gabibalaban 

It's very strange. Why wouldn't it update other user when i selected it. But, when i selected mine and choose either "Yes" or "No" It works.🤔

OnChange

OnChange.PNG

OnSelectOnSelect.PNG

Thank you again for helping me on this 👍

Highlighted

@oappdev 

This is only a coincidence.

Please put all your code OnChange() property, including my Reset(yourdropdownname)

There are differences between OnSelect and OnChange properties.  Your Patch function is executed when OnSelect event apear on the dropdown control, that means before you select your option.

So ... let's give a try 😊  ...

Highlighted

Hi @gabibalaban I will upload an image after my meeting. Added the code to - OnChange property | including Reset(Dropdown1). Still not updating, when i select a different user then myself.😞

Highlighted

Hi @gabibalaban  👋

Wanted to update you. Tomorrow I will be testing with other users to see if it updates.

Thank you again for all your help.

Highlighted

Hi @gabibalaban  🖐

Seem to be working with 2 other users. Thank you again for all your help. I will be creating one more issue l' m trying to figure out. Be on the look out for it 

Highlighted

Hi @oappdev , 

Just 😊...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,869)