Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaheshBabu0205
Helper I
Helper I

Update Choice Column(Multiple Enabled) from Custom Form Data Card

Hi Team , 

I am developing a power apps app based on existing Infopath application . I have a column type choice in list enabled for multiple selection .

When I am using the same column(choice) in the form , I am binding values from another list . I have tried to change the Update property for the Choice Field with below code , But It is always saving last selected Value .

Please find the attached snapshots for more information ,

Update Property : /*DataCardValue19.SelectedItems*/
ForAll(
DataCardValue19.SelectedItems,
{Value: DataCardValue19.Selected.Applicable_x0020_Models}
)

requesting your guidance to achieve this requirement .

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Mahesh

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MaheshBabu0205 ,

I assume you are wanting to add all the values selected to the field - try

Concat(DataCardValue19.SelectedItems,Value & ",")

if you want a comma in between.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for the reply !

Concat is not working in Update Property of the Data Card .

Regards,

Mahesh

@MaheshBabu0205 ,

Put a label on the screen with the same formula and see if you get the values.

Hi @MaheshBabu0205 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I am getting the value for the label but I couldn't able to use the same at update property of the datacard .

Please advise .

Regards,

Mahesh

@MaheshBabu0205 ,

I actually know the issue now from another post I did recently.

Multi-select choice fields are type "table" in the data, whereas single choice are "record".

If you think of a spreadsheet (there are two values)

• Text is A1 (single cell)
  • A record is A1:A2 (one row) and that code will work on this
  • A table is A1:D2 (4x2)

If you use UpdateForm with the standard Choices(Fieldname), PowerApps will take care of it, but I admitted defeat on the last one trying to Patch it. It is something I would never attempt - I would simply patch the values to a text field.

Hi @MaheshBabu0205 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,111)