cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lym
Frequent Visitor

Update ComboBox inside New form from another combo box outside the form on same screen

I have a new Form with Purchase Order Number – combo box field. This field is a lookup to Purchase Order SharePoint list. Let’s call this target combo box.

Lym_0-1592900596780.png

On the same screen outside the form, I have another combo box. Let’s call this source combo box. This combo box displays all the Purchase Order in SharePoint list.

What I am trying to do is to set the value of the target combo box when source combo box is selected or change. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lym ,

Do you want to change the selected value of the combo box inside the form by using the selected value in another combo box outside the form?

If so, could you tell me:
1)the form's mode? the form's data source? the form's Item?

2)the inside combo box's Items? the outside combo box's Items?

3)the fields' data type that are related to these two combo boxes?

Please notice that : you need to set the combo box's DefaultSelectedItems to a table with the same structure with the combo box's Items' data structure.(same data type, same field names)

If the inside combo box's Items are the same as the outside combo box's Items, then you just need to set the inside combo box's DefaultSelectedItems to :

ComboBox2.SelectedItems
//ComboBox2 is the outside combo box name

6244.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

In the Target Combobox DefaultSelectedItems:

ComboBox4.SelectedItems.ColumnName

Example:
ComboBox4.SelectedItems.OrderNumber
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lym ,

Do you want to change the selected value of the combo box inside the form by using the selected value in another combo box outside the form?

If so, could you tell me:
1)the form's mode? the form's data source? the form's Item?

2)the inside combo box's Items? the outside combo box's Items?

3)the fields' data type that are related to these two combo boxes?

Please notice that : you need to set the combo box's DefaultSelectedItems to a table with the same structure with the combo box's Items' data structure.(same data type, same field names)

If the inside combo box's Items are the same as the outside combo box's Items, then you just need to set the inside combo box's DefaultSelectedItems to :

ComboBox2.SelectedItems
//ComboBox2 is the outside combo box name

6244.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,892)