Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Update Dropdown from Different Screen

Hello all, 

I have a filter question. 

I have a home page, that has a count of different items in certain status'. When someone pushes the count number I would like to to navigate to the screen with the dropdown selected so it filters to that requested view. I am hoping to do this all from one screen so I don't need different screens. 

Below is my filter and when manually selected it works. What I need help with is on page 1, I click In process and it directs to me to page with 1 - In Process populated into the dropdown so that is all that shows. Any advice?

If(Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value = "1 - In Process",
Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text), 'Request Status'.Value = "1 - In Process"),
If(Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value = "2 - Submitted",
Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text), 'Request Status'.Value = "2 - Submitted"),
If(Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value = "3 - Pending",
Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text), 'Request Status'.Value = "3 - Pending"),
If(Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value = "4 - Confirmed",
Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text), 'Request Status'.Value = "4 - Confirmed"),
If(Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value = "5 - Rejected",
Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text), 'Request Status'.Value = "5 - Rejected"),
SortByColumns(Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text)|| StartsWith(Customer, TextInput1_12.Text) || StartsWith(Project, TextInput1_12.Text)), "Title"))))))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@chris_young 

Yes, so the Dropdown is on your second screen then.

I am not entirely sure what the controls are that you have on the main screen, but let's focus on the #1 and I will assume that it is a Label.

First, apply the formula I sent for your items property of your Gallery and then, back on the main screen, set the OnSelect of the Label to the following:

Set(glbFilterValue, "1 - In Process"); Navigate(yourOtherScreen)

Then on the DropDown, set the Default property to glbFilterValue

All the rest should fall in line.

One other thing you might want to do is on the second screen, set the OnHidden action to Set(glbFilterValue, "")

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @chris_young ,

Can you show me a printscreen ? To have a picture of what you want to achieve ...

Super User
Super User

Hi @chris_young

You can write the default value into variable using the Set function, and use that variable name in the Default property for the Drop Down on the second screen.

Set(var_DefaultStatus,"1 - In Process")

Let me know if you don't come right.

Super User III
Super User III

@chris_young 

You might consider simplifying your formula a bit to the following:

SortByColumns(
    Filter('BIS_3RD PARTY', 
       (
         StartsWith('Resource Name', TextInput1_12.Text) || 
         StartsWith(Customer, TextInput1_12.Text) || 
         StartsWith(Project, TextInput1_12.Text)
       )         
       &&
       (IsBlank('Request Status'.Value) || 'Request Status'.Value = Dropdown3_1.Selected.Value)      
    ), 
    "Title"
)

Just a bit easier to read and maintain and it also avoid multiple filter statements (not a desired thing in your app).

Now, I am not entirely sure what you mean though about:

Below is my filter and when manually selected it works. What I need help with is on page 1, I click In process and it directs to me to page with 1 - In Process populated into the dropdown so that is all that shows. Any advice?

Are you stating that is the problem or that is what you need?

Where is your dropdown - page 1 or something that is on the other page?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Helper III
Helper III

@RandyHayes @DavesTechTips @gabibalaban 

Thank you all for the quick responses and I will definitely correct my filter selection statement. Thank you for that. 

In the attached images you see the main screen. There are the processing queues which help direct users to those specific filters instead of having to go to the page and select the filter. I'm hoping to have the user click the 1, and it directs to them to page with the filter for that queue applied. Each area has it's own queue and single main screen. I was hoping to use that one screen to apply filters for the gallery based on what someone clicked. 

Super User III
Super User III

@chris_young 

Yes, so the Dropdown is on your second screen then.

I am not entirely sure what the controls are that you have on the main screen, but let's focus on the #1 and I will assume that it is a Label.

First, apply the formula I sent for your items property of your Gallery and then, back on the main screen, set the OnSelect of the Label to the following:

Set(glbFilterValue, "1 - In Process"); Navigate(yourOtherScreen)

Then on the DropDown, set the Default property to glbFilterValue

All the rest should fall in line.

One other thing you might want to do is on the second screen, set the OnHidden action to Set(glbFilterValue, "")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,670)