cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update Dropdown same value in 2 different SharePoint List

Happy Thursday! What is the best approach to update the same value from one drop-down menu to another 

SharePoint List A is call RequestsColumn: Status Type: Choice

SharePoint List B is call Report WriterColumn: Report Status | Type: Choice

Once the user updated on SharePoint List A it will reflex the same value SharePoint List B and vice verse 

Capture.PNG

Hopefully i explain it clearly 🙂

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @oappdev ,

Actually Friday here in Oz.

Just so I am clear on what you want - you need the Report Status field in a new record in a SharePointIntegration PowerApps form to pull from another list in SharePoint where you have selected the item.

I assume by the tabs that you have two screens, the first based on the list selected and the second writing a new record (or is it an edit to the record) on another list.

May be pushing the envelope of design here, but you should have the value you need on the other screen. On the main list, the reference should be SharePointIntegration.Selected.FieldName (FieldName being the actual name), so if the default of a new record is set to this, it should populate. If I am on the right track here, we can expand this hopefully.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok thanks @oappdev ,

I am in Queensland, Australia.

The are probably many ways of doing this, but I will run with a Variable.

You have a Request form with a Status field  - I will assume for the moment this is a text value,The Form name is not needed, but the control name (the field that is showing the data) is.
I will call it RequestStatus (its name will probably be TextInputxx - rename code below to this)

On the button to switch screens add to the code

Set(vStatus,RequestStatus.Text)

Here I am also using a Form name you will have to rename to yours - the form I will call ReportWriter
Put on the Default of the control you have labelled Report Status (also replace CurrentDefault with what the Default is presently)

If(
   ReportWriter.Mode = FormMode.New,
   vStatus,
   CurrentDefault
)

To clean up at the end, put this on anything that exits or submits the form

Set(vStatus,Blank())

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @oappdev ,

Actually Friday here in Oz.

Just so I am clear on what you want - you need the Report Status field in a new record in a SharePointIntegration PowerApps form to pull from another list in SharePoint where you have selected the item.

I assume by the tabs that you have two screens, the first based on the list selected and the second writing a new record (or is it an edit to the record) on another list.

May be pushing the envelope of design here, but you should have the value you need on the other screen. On the main list, the reference should be SharePointIntegration.Selected.FieldName (FieldName being the actual name), so if the default of a new record is set to this, it should populate. If I am on the right track here, we can expand this hopefully.

Highlighted

Thank you @WarrenBelz  Here from South Florida "Miami"

You are the right track. Just wanted to see if it could be done 🙂

The First Tab -  "Requests"  stored all the new submission from a PowerApps Form 

The Rerun Report Writer is where the admin will add note and update the "Status".

So if the Status get updated on the "Rerun Report Writer i want to show on the Requests Tab?  Does that make sense? Let me know if i explain clear enough 

Maybe l 'm doing something wrong

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Highlighted

Ok thanks @oappdev ,

I am in Queensland, Australia.

The are probably many ways of doing this, but I will run with a Variable.

You have a Request form with a Status field  - I will assume for the moment this is a text value,The Form name is not needed, but the control name (the field that is showing the data) is.
I will call it RequestStatus (its name will probably be TextInputxx - rename code below to this)

On the button to switch screens add to the code

Set(vStatus,RequestStatus.Text)

Here I am also using a Form name you will have to rename to yours - the form I will call ReportWriter
Put on the Default of the control you have labelled Report Status (also replace CurrentDefault with what the Default is presently)

If(
   ReportWriter.Mode = FormMode.New,
   vStatus,
   CurrentDefault
)

To clean up at the end, put this on anything that exits or submits the form

Set(vStatus,Blank())

Highlighted

Thank you @WarrenBelz That will do the trick for now. Waiting for the feedback from the admin users 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,954)