cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iwonder
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Update Gallery CheckBox

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I asked this one earlier and thought that I understood the answer but after a few days I'm still stumped.

What I have is a Gallery that has a checkbox and a label for each record.

Gallery.Items = Filter('[dbo].[MedicationActive]',MedicationFacility = SelectedFacility.Text Or MedicationFacility = "All", MedicationLine = SelectedLine.Text Or MedicationLine = "All").Medication

Gallery.TemplateFill = If(ThisItem.Medication in colPelMed.Med,LightBlue,Transparent)

Gallery.OnCheck = If(ThisItem.Medication = "NONE",RemoveIf(colPelMed,Facility=SelectedFacility.Text,Line=SelectedLine.Text,Med<>"NONE"),RemoveIf(colPelMed,Facility=SelectedFacility.Text,Line=SelectedLine.Text,Med="NONE"));//update the collection
Collect(colPelMed,{Facility:SelectedFacility.Text,Line:SelectedLine.Text,Med:ThisItem.Medication});//add the currently selected item to the collection

IMPORTANT: colPelMed holds more than one record. It holds records for other Facility/Line combinations so I can't ClearCollect this collection. I have an unknown number of Facility/Line combinations so I can't create a unique collection for every combination.

What I want to do is if "NONE" is selected, then I want to clear all the other check boxes. If any of the other checkboxes are selected, then "NONE" should be cleared. Also, if there is no record found in the colPelMed then "NONE" should be selected to start, otherwise check the correct checkboxes. The reason I need to do this is because the user can start a record but not complete it. They may need to switch to another Facility/Line, update that record a bit more, then come back. Therefore I need to set this gallery to where they left off. 

I have a second gallery I use to test with. It shows what's currently in colPelMed filtered for Facility and Line. When I use the RemoveIf() function I can see this gallery refresh correctly so I know that my OnCheck formula is ok. I have not written my OnUnCheck yet as I want to get the OnCheck to work first... baby steps.

Gallery.png

Any help would be great. I've been working on this for days.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@iwonder 

Oh no worries.  I hadn't actually looked.  I was just mentioning it.  We get "points" for when our posts are marked. 😁

So, when I work with someone on a scenario that is fairly common for people to ask about, I like to make sure to conclude with that statement - as I just want to make sure others can find it easily (so I don't have to answer it again 😂😂)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,085)