Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Update Record In Sharepoint List

Hi Guys, 

I have a built an audit form with a bunch of questions that are to be scored between 1 and 5. When submitted, the scores are patched to a sharepoint list. If a question reieves 2 stars or less (which is a fail), it navigates to a new screen where comments are provided and an owner is assigned to recfity the failed task. On this screen, there is a  'Continue' button, that when pressed, sends out an automated email to the designated owner with a link to a new screen, where they are asked to provide further comments on how the failed task will be rectified.

On this screen, there is a radio button titled "Yes", that when ticked, needs to update the column titled "Completed" in my sharepoint list to Yes.

I'm unsure of how to get the ID of the existing record, to be in a formula on the new screen with the completed button on, so it knows which record to update once it is clicked. 

My Current Formula looks like this:

Patch('MOJ Security Active Monitoring',LookUp('MOJ Security Active Monitoring',ID=73 ),{CompletedA1:Radio3.Selected.Value})

This works fine but I have to manually enter the ID. In this case, the ID of the Shrepoint list was 73, so I had to manually enter it in order for the record to update and show as complete. 

Is there a way of setting a variable so the formula will pick up the ID from the initial submission and populate in this formula so when the radio button marked as complete is pressed, it will know which record in the sharepoint list to update?

(Please note I haven't used a gallery so the ThisItem function doesn't seem to work.) 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Update Record In Sharepoint List

adding in @Audrie-MSFT to assist with this SharePoint question

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,927)