cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sploshman
Regular Visitor

Update Selected Sector of Pie Chart

Hi all,

I am working on an app where a user can select a segment from a pie chart and it will update questions to answer (directional exposure questions). I would like the user to be able to click on a segment as well as use buttons to fine tune the selection.

My first attempt was 36 images all set to hide and show based on a variable called varWheel, and the images would hide and show based on this variable.

varWheel = 10

Buttons next to  the wheel had the OnSelect property of

UpdateContext({varWheel: varWheel + 10})

with some additional ifs for cycling back round to 360 and back.

gif:

Sploshman_0-1638285606768.gif

This is nice but in order to make the segments interactable I would have to hide many buttons inside the segments of the same colour which seems inefficient.

Another idea suggested by @AmDev was to use a pie chart as those have an OnSelect property. I created this:

Sploshman_1-1638285714767.gif

Where the pie chart has an OnSelect property of 

UpdateContext({varWheel: Self.Selected.Angle})

and the text label is simply set text = varWheel.

My issue is I would like to update the Selected sector of the pie chart with the buttons next to it but I am not sure how. I can update varWheel but that changed the title number without changing the selected sector on the pie chart leaving them looking out of sync.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Sploshman

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,826)