cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Update Yes/No field if Date is today

I am trying to create an automated SLA field

I have a "Date Requested" Field and an "Outside of SLA" field.

Date Requested is formatted as a Date, Outside of SLA is formatted as a Yes/NO / True/False field.

I am trying to automatically update the "Outside of SLA" field if the "Date Requested" is later than "Today"

I understand it will have something to do with the IsToday() field but im not sure if the logic i am trying to apply will work within PowerApps/Sharepoint.

Is this at all possible? I feel like i am treating this too much like Excel but am pretty new to this. Apologies

Thanks for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@MGH-CWiller 

If I understand correctly once per day you want to update an Outside of SLA field in Sharepoint based on the Date Requested.  In my opinion Microsoft Flow would be the right tool to accomplish this task because it allows you to create scheduled workflows.  In comparison, PowerApps is application development tool.

Here's a summary of what you should do in Flow.  I can't provide much more help than this so if you have further questions please post in the Flow Community.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

General Flow Idea:

1.  Create a scheduled flow the runs at 12:00 AM each day

2.  Get all of the Items in your Sharepoint List

3.  Apply to each list item

4.  Check if the Date Requested is Less Than Today's Date

5.  If Yes Update the Outside of SLA field,  If No do nothing

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@MGH-CWiller 

If I understand correctly once per day you want to update an Outside of SLA field in Sharepoint based on the Date Requested.  In my opinion Microsoft Flow would be the right tool to accomplish this task because it allows you to create scheduled workflows.  In comparison, PowerApps is application development tool.

Here's a summary of what you should do in Flow.  I can't provide much more help than this so if you have further questions please post in the Flow Community.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

General Flow Idea:

1.  Create a scheduled flow the runs at 12:00 AM each day

2.  Get all of the Items in your Sharepoint List

3.  Apply to each list item

4.  Check if the Date Requested is Less Than Today's Date

5.  If Yes Update the Outside of SLA field,  If No do nothing

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

This is perfect, thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,369)