cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elliottd
Frequent Visitor

Update a SharePoint list from two different SharePoint lists

Hi,

I have an online SharePoint list which I would like to get updated by another SharePoint list.

In my App which is connected to a SharePoint list called Latent Defect Tracker. When I submit the date this list gets updated from my forms Pending Latent Defect and Pending Latent Defect_2 all contained in one SharePoint list (LATENT DEFECT TRACKER)

Submit Button code

Patch('LATENT DEFECT TRACKER',{ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID},
Defaults('LATENT DEFECT TRACKER'),
'Pending Latent Defect'.Updates,'Pending Latent Defect_2'.Updates);
NewForm('Pending Latent Defect');
NewForm('Pending Latent Defect_2');
Navigate(Success)

I have a gallery called Gallery3 where I can select the data and edit the form.

I have now added a third form called 'Defect Type and Sub Type' this form has a second data source (SharePoint list) called Defect Type and Sub Type. I have created this second list as I am using cascading dropdowns (Category and Sub Category).

On preview, the form looks good and I can select all the field items and cascading dropdowns work.

When I submit the form I need it to update the SharePoint list 'Latent Defect Tracker' with the data from all three forms and the data from the second SharePoint list 'Defect Type and Sub Type'

In the SharePoint list 'Latent Defect Tracker' I have added columns for Category and Sub Category. (Not sure I need these)

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,360)