cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M147954
Frequent Visitor

Update a drop down list when a date is entered

Hi,

I am building my first PowerApp using a SharePoint site and the user would like the "Stage" of the application (Stage_DataCard1, DataCardValue3) to automatically update when other 'triggers' such as "Transferred to Field Date" (DataCardValue17), "Test Completed by" (DataCardValue19) are completed. These fields will be blank (empty) before the data is entered (Date or text).

"DataCardValue3"  is a drop down list with items -  Choices([@'Log Requests'].Request_x0020_stage)

I need the DataCardValue3 to be either the selected value from the drop down list OR update automatically when one of the trigger points is reached. If a trigger is not met the stage should stay as the last stage.

Is this possible? if so how do I code it? I have had a look online and I think it should be possible but I can't see how - do I use UpdateContext, a plain If statement? Where do I put the code - in DataCardValue3 or where the trigger is entered (DataCardValue17 and DataCardValue19) and under which option?

Many thanks

A

31 REPLIES 31
JessicaB
Advocate I
Advocate I

I know this is an old post, but can you tell me what property this formula was entered into please? I'm trying to troubleshoot it to what I need and am fairly sure I'm not putting it where is should be. 

Thanks!

AB12
Helper I
Helper I

Hi JessicaB,

The formula is entered into the DefaulsSelectedItems of the Card

AB12_0-1620830668538.jpeg

Please let me know if this helps.

With best wishes

A

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,406)