cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertC71
Frequent Visitor

Update a gallery item using a button

I am creating a leave request form. The manager will select a request from the gallery (similar to the Leave Request template) and select either approve or decline buttons.  I am getting an error when using Patch to set the approve button.  The approve button will change the data in the ApprovalUpdate field on the SP list (a choice field). 

What I current have in the OnSelect for the button: Patch(RequestTimeList, LookUp(RequestTimeList, ID=ThisItem.ID), {ApprovalUpdate: "Approved"});Refresh(RequestTimeList)

Getting an invalid argument type error.

leave-request-error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

The choice field is expecting a record, so try this:

Patch(RequestTimeList, LookUp(RequestTimeList, ID=ThisItem.ID), {ApprovalUpdate: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Value:"Approved"}});Refresh(RequestTimeList)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

The choice field is expecting a record, so try this:

Patch(RequestTimeList, LookUp(RequestTimeList, ID=ThisItem.ID), {ApprovalUpdate: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Value:"Approved"}});Refresh(RequestTimeList)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you, that worked like a charm. The only thing I changed was that it didn't like the ID=ThisItem.ID, change it to ID=Gallery2.Selected.ID.  Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,067)