cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoTimeLeft
Regular Visitor

Update a picture outside a form

I was wondering whether it is possible to update items that are outside of a form.

Currently I got a form with multiple datacards. One of these datacards is a custom datacard which contains a gallery. This gallery stores and shows every picture stored inside the standard "attachment" datacards. (source: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/08/23/powerapps-gallery-of-attachments/). Now I want to show a large picture by clicking on the smaller picture in the datacard gallery, which overlaps the entire screen. The problem is that either:

1. I can show the picture in a datacard, but this is too small.

2. The picture will not update, because it is outside of the form.

Is there any way I can have my picture overlap the entire screen?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @NoTimeLeft 

Try this:

'OnSelect' property of your image control inside your nested Gallery: Set(varPic, ThisItem.Value)

(Run the app and click on an image to populate the variable..)

Add your full size image outside/over the form - Set it's image property to varPic (this should now be showing the image you grabbed in the variable)

Add a Cancel icon and set it's 'OnSelect' property to Set(varPic, Blank())

Now hold ctrl and select both the cancel icon and full size pic - then change their 'Visible' properties to varPic<> Blank()

Optionally, you can change the pic fill colour to a semi transparent shade, so users see that appear before the pic renders in the control.

Hope this is helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,635)