cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carem
Advocate II
Advocate II

Update an Additional Lookup Field in Sharepoint List using new label Control?

I have a Sharepoint List name "Assets", and have 1 lookup column point to Repair Shop:

Assets List have 3 Column:

- Asset name (Single Line of Text)

- Repair Shop (Lookup)

- Repair Shop Address (Additional Lookup)

When I create a  canvas app for this list:

- When editing a record, if I choose another Repair Shop, the Repair Shop Address doesn't dynamically change.

My work around:

I can set up a label and set the Text property: 

LookUp(RepairShopDataSource, ShopName = RepairShop.Selected.Value, Address); and the only thing I need to do is hide the Datacardvalue.

But I want more:

I want to know that if I can update that Field in Source by that Label. That requires a record to submit data. I mean:

- Old Update using Invisible Datacardvalue: DatacardValue.Selected

- New Update Property using the New Label: What the formula is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carem ,

I understand why you want to use a custom data card rather than the old one. I guess that you just want to make the Repair Shop Address also change its display value in edit form dynamically. But you really do not need to update this column with your customized data card, since the results are the same. And if you must know, you cannot modify this field in PowerApps since the field should be read only. If you change the Update property of this field to other formulas, when you submit the edit form, it will give you the error.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Edwin-Abdalian
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Please explain why would you need to update the address column? you just need to update the main lookup column which is the RepairShop column in you SharePoint list. as soon as you update that, the addrees field will be updated aqutomatically.

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carem ,

I understand why you want to use a custom data card rather than the old one. I guess that you just want to make the Repair Shop Address also change its display value in edit form dynamically. But you really do not need to update this column with your customized data card, since the results are the same. And if you must know, you cannot modify this field in PowerApps since the field should be read only. If you change the Update property of this field to other formulas, when you submit the edit form, it will give you the error.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,193)