cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanoj
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update blank/Null value to fields (Date, User, Choice field etc.) in SharePoint list / database

Scenario :  I have saved an item to the SharePoint list and later decided to remove data from some fields (Date field, User field etc).  Edit the item and delete the field value and Save it back to datasource (SharePoin list / SQL database)

Issue :  PowerApps does not update the field to empty / null value. The field value remains as such in list.

Solution : Enable the "Experimental features" as shown in below screenshot. This will resolve the issue and you will be able to update field value to null after that.

Experimental Feature.png

Reference : https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-feature-error-handling-and-writing-null-values-to-dat...

20 REPLIES 20
Rene_Kunig
Frequent Visitor

Rene_Kunig_1-1625476536583.pngRene_Kunig_0-1625476504760.png

Hello,

I have changed the following in Card under Update..

"If(Value(DateValue7.SelectedDate ) = ""; "0" ;DateValue7.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue7.Selected.Value); Value(MinuteValue7.Selected.Value); 0))"

Now an empty field is transferred to the database. I think this could also work for Sharepoint.

I did not find the experimental option under my settings.

Sorry for my English.

Greeting René

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,081)