cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update cell value in Excel

How would I update the same cell of an excel table every time a button is pressed.

I have a template built in excel (as a table).  

I was trying to use update a row in flow but it looks like this requires a key value so I wouldn't be able to overwrite each time from what I understand. 

Cell value header: Work Order

Cell Value: 

Button is pressed and cell value updates to work order selected on powerapps.  New work order is selected and cell value changes to new work order without creating new row. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Update cell value in Excel

Thanks @v-xida-msft but what I ended up doing is building a flow that updates that row in excel based on a unique key value.  This seemed to do the trick.  Appreciate your response. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mattthew ,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your Excel table?

How do you select the Work Order within your app? How do you list your Excel table records in your app? Using Gallery?

I suppose that you use a Gallery to list all Excel table records within your app, is it true?

If you use a Gallery to list all Excel table records within your app, and want to update the work order value based on the selected item in your Gallery, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Add a Gallery control (Gallery1) within your app, set the Items property to your Excel table. Set the OnSelect property of the Button to following:

Patch(
          'YourExcelTable',
           Gallery1.Selected,
           {
             Work_x0020_Order: "New Cell Value"
           }
)

More details about Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @v-xida-msft but what I ended up doing is building a flow that updates that row in excel based on a unique key value.  This seemed to do the trick.  Appreciate your response. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,785)