cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Update data from Collection into SQL Server

Hello,

I'm using a Collection to store data locally in mobile phone. What I do is I pull this data to a collection, make changes and want to send back to the SQL Server.

I'm using ForAll but this is not working. The collection name is 'clcDadosOffline'. The code is below:

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
  Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine.identification));{Week1_Carnal:    31; Week1_Flor: 41}))

What I'd like is: Get each line of the Collection, looking at the SQL Server (The field is 'identification'). Once I find this row, I'd update with new values.

Does anyone has a clue on how to make this work?

Thanks.

Paulo Zampieri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Paulo,

Assuming that both '[dbo].[TropicalChamber]' and clcDadosOffLine contain a field called identification, the error might be due to incorrect disambiguation syntax.

I would try the following to see if that makes any difference.

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
        Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; 
First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine[@identification]));
{Week1_Carnal: 31; Week1_Flor: 41}
)
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Paulo,

Assuming that both '[dbo].[TropicalChamber]' and clcDadosOffLine contain a field called identification, the error might be due to incorrect disambiguation syntax.

I would try the following to see if that makes any difference.

ForAll(clcDadosOffLine;
        Patch ('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]'; 
First(Filter('[dbo].[TropicalChamber]';identification=clcDadosOffLine[@identification]));
{Week1_Carnal: 31; Week1_Flor: 41}
)
)

View solution in original post

Hello, Timl

That worked pretty well.

thank you so much.

Paulo.

Does this solution really works? I used the same formula and works with a Collection, but it does NOT work with a SQL Server table.

patch.png

Someone has a clue about how to make it work?

Forget it. I solved it adding a Primary key constraint to my SQL Server Table source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,288)