cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vicente94
Level: Powered On

Update data from text input in gallery

I have a problem, i don´t know if anyone could help me, since last week i´m trying to update text i put in a textinput i have in a gallery but i dont find the way to update my data table that i have in one drive, if anyone could help me i would be very glad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update data from text input in gallery

Hi @Vicente94 ,

Do you want to update a record in PowerApps?

Firstly, you need to know the differences between the Update function and Patch function.

Update function is used to replace a record. It means that the original data of that record will be totally replaced, including all the fields.

Patch function can only update some fields in one record.

According to your formula, I think maybe you want to update 'GAM 610 METAL' field of this record.

So I suggest you use the Patch Function.

Try this formula:

Patch(Racks_1,LookUp(Racks_1,con...=Label7.Text),{S1:TextInput2.Text})

Here're docs about Patch and Update for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-update-updateif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jhall
Level 8

Keep in mind that the Update() function has some unique aspects vs. say a Patch() or UpdateIf() function.

Is "Racks_1" the name of your DataSource or a local Collection?

Also, if your DataSource is an Excel table then you aren't live-linked to that if you directly imported it into PowerApps.  You are just holding a copy of that table's contents in-memory within your app and cannot write directly to an Excel document.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Vicente94 ,

Do you want to update a record in PowerApps?

Firstly, you need to know the differences between the Update function and Patch function.

Update function is used to replace a record. It means that the original data of that record will be totally replaced, including all the fields.

Patch function can only update some fields in one record.

According to your formula, I think maybe you want to update 'GAM 610 METAL' field of this record.

So I suggest you use the Patch Function.

Try this formula:

Patch(Racks_1,LookUp(Racks_1,con...=Label7.Text),{S1:TextInput2.Text})

Here're docs about Patch and Update for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-update-updateif

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Vicente94
Level: Powered On

thank you so much for your answer, i just have 1 more doubt,

in this formula: Patch(Racks_1,LookUp(Racks_1,con...=Label7.Text),{S1:TextInput2.Text})

i´m trying tu put this part of the formula ({S1:TextInput2.Text}) but i don´t have result yet.

S1 is the column when i wanna update my records.

if you could leave a comment i will be very glad with your help

Best wishes, Vicente.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,348)