cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_ramillien
Frequent Visitor

Update gallery items

Dear powerapps community,

I'm using a gallery which datasource is a selected item of another gallery in another screen.

Let's say something like this for the datasource of gallery2: Gallery1.Selected.Relations

In my gallery2 (on another screen), I have a button to "Relate" a new Relation to the one Selected on Gallery1.

Update to the dataverse is ok. When I click my button, the relation is persisted to dataverse.

But my Gallery2 is not updated visually. When A change screen and reselect my gallery1, the items of gallery2 are well updated.

But if I stay on screen2, I can't find a way to refresh gallery2.

I tried a lot of methods found on internet, included this forum, but nothing works.
I think there is 2 issues.

- I do not use a dataverse as source, so I cannot refresh the source.

- I use a source on another screen, so, I cannot "select" again the gallery1 to be able to refresh gallery2.

Do you have any clue please ?

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @r_ramillien , Referencing controls across screens is not recommended and your issue is one of those reasons. try to use a Global variable, something like Set(glbGallerySelection, Gallery1.Selected.Relations), and then use this variable with your Gallery2. Something that happened to me before is the update using the global variable won't work as expected when I am updating data in Screen2, as per your example, so I created a Local variable to hold the value of the global variable in the Screen2 OnVisible property, something like UpdateContext({lclGalery1Selection: glbGallerySelection}).

Let me know if that will work for you.

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @r_ramillien , Referencing controls across screens is not recommended and your issue is one of those reasons. try to use a Global variable, something like Set(glbGallerySelection, Gallery1.Selected.Relations), and then use this variable with your Gallery2. Something that happened to me before is the update using the global variable won't work as expected when I am updating data in Screen2, as per your example, so I created a Local variable to hold the value of the global variable in the Screen2 OnVisible property, something like UpdateContext({lclGalery1Selection: glbGallerySelection}).

Let me know if that will work for you.

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you, it works great ! 🙂

I didn't make it work with global variable, so I used a local variable directly.

When I click on gallery on first screen, I pass the "Relations" as local variable to the second screen:

Navigate(Screen2, None, {relations: Gallery1.Selected.Relations'}).

Then, in second screen, I set "relations" as "items" on "gallery2".

And when I add an new item to DB, I simply:
Relate(Gallery1.Selected.relations; ComboBox.Selected);;
UpdateContext({relations: Gallery1.Selected.Relations})

It wasn't easy to find, but thank you ! Hope it helps someone else now 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,887)