Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymia25
Helper IV
Helper IV

Update item in a gallery using different datasource in a form

Hello all,

I have created a gallery from SP List: (Datasource A) with the following formula to navigate to the first screen which is view details screen. The first screen works fine, and here I added another button to navigate to second screen which is update screen with below formula:

Navigate(UpdateScreen,ScreenTransition.None,{itemDetails:LookUp(datasourceA, ID = displayItem.ID)});

In Update screen I have an edit form where user can update the fields based from the selected items in the gallery. My question is I want to update the item using Datasource B which are linked to the Datasource A. But the form display no item. I used below formula:

LookUp(datasourceB, ID = itemDetails.ID)

Any helps are greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @anonymia25 ,

What is your Datasource property for the form ?

If is Datasource A then this datasource is ready to be updated and as you indicated as item to be updated a row from other datasource then of course that the form will not be populated. 

So item property needs to be set as format as the Datasource property in order to have values populated in the form.

Hope it helps !

Hello @gabibalaban , thanks for the clarification and my form have showed up fine now in the update screen!

Below is the Item property for the form, datasource is Activity.

LookUp(Activity, ID = ticketDetails.ID) // find the specific record in List

Although, now I am facing with a new issue on displaying a radio button choices list which are from another datasource (Ticket). Additionally, I wanted to display certain value from the column Substatus. I tried the formula below in Item property of the radio button and there is no error, but the radio button are not being displayed.

Filter(Choices([@Ticket].Substatus), Value = "In Progress" , Value = "Waiting for Info" , Value ="KIV", Value = "Waiting for Info", Value ="Irrelevant", Value = "Resolved")

Here is the Default property formula:

LookUp(Ticket, ID = ticketDetails.ID).Substatus.Value

any help are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,865)