cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User II
Super User II

Update on printing from PowerApps without Flow using MS Access reports

Before coming to Powerapps, I had used Access Webapps and was able to create daily reports that I printed directly out of Desktop Access. In migrating to Powerapps, I converted the Webapp tables to Sharepoint lists and began to use them as data sources. I also tried CDS and was quite pleased with its features and migrated over data from Sharepoint to CDS.   I currently use both platforms as well as Excel for testing. 

I have a critcal need to print reports in the form of letters to referral sources and was frustrated that Powerapps did not have a printing function. I initially tried to  use MS Access to link to the data sources to create these repots  but found that Access truncated long text fields at 256 characters.  (Imported tables did not have this limitation but they don't synchronize like linked tables). I gave up on using Access and ultimately created a workaround by adding a blank Excel table as a data source and patching data to it.  I then used that Excel table for a MS Word mailmerge.  This worked but had some drawbacks. see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/reports-or-mailmerge-in-powerapps/td-p/88860.  

I recently was playing around again with MS Access (Office 365) and to my surprise found that I could create reports that were not trucated from Sharepoint and Excel using linked lists and tables and was able to print them directly from Access like I used to do from my Webapps!  This is still a limitation because all users in the organization would have to have Desktop Access but it does open possibilities with regards to many individuals linking to a common Sharepoint list.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Drrickryp,

Thanks for your sharing.

Besides, the Data could be sent by Email through the Office 365.SendEmail action, and the body could be formatted in HTML, see the details in the following thread:

Creating Email using PowerApps Data

Then print the Email body instead.

There is no direct way to print in PowerApps, currently. See the following idea

Print & PDF

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Drrickryp,

Thanks for your sharing.

Besides, the Data could be sent by Email through the Office 365.SendEmail action, and the body could be formatted in HTML, see the details in the following thread:

Creating Email using PowerApps Data

Then print the Email body instead.

There is no direct way to print in PowerApps, currently. See the following idea

Print & PDF

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,645)