cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JensSeiger
Frequent Visitor

Update sharepoint list from Collection

I have created an powerapp where I use the SharePoint List ID as a data entry to a collection - Based on that I would like to submit the collections by ID and update a text field to a constant "Delivered" - but nothing gets updated. Any help would be great. 

Entry field "Type=Number"

OnChange: Collect(ScanDel, {ID: Deliver.Text, Status_Txt: "Delivered"}); Reset(Deliver)

Submit: ForAll(ScanDel, Patch('SHPLIST', First(Filter('SHPLIST', ID = ScanDel.ID)) , {Status_Txt:"Delivered"}))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JensSeiger
Frequent Visitor

Re: Update sharepoint list from Collection

I figured it out. I needed to call the value of the field in the collection.  My warning showed me that I can't compare text with a value. 

That means I changed the collect to:

Collect(ScanDel, {ID: Value(Deliver.Text), Status_Txt: "Delivered"}); Reset(Deliver)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

@JensSeiger,

Your patch function syntax looks correct. You would put it as the OnSelect property of an icon or button to run it.

JensSeiger
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your fast reply. The Submit is a butron and unfortunately not working. Any ideas? Any difference as I am using the ID?
Super User
Super User

I wouldn’t think so. To find out where the problem is, test it without the ForAll. BTW, Is the delivered field a Choice or Lookup type column in your SharePoint list?

JensSeiger
Frequent Visitor

No. It is a single line.
Super User
Super User

@JensSeiger 

The problem could be ID. You may want to try using the disambiguation operator 

ForAll(ScanDel, Patch('SHPLIST', First(Filter('SHPLIST', ID = ScanDel[@ID])) , {Status_Txt:"Delivered"})). If that works, please mark the discussion solved.

JensSeiger
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out. I needed to call the value of the field in the collection.  My warning showed me that I can't compare text with a value. 

That means I changed the collect to:

Collect(ScanDel, {ID: Value(Deliver.Text), Status_Txt: "Delivered"}); Reset(Deliver)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,125)