cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aturner6587
Frequent Visitor

Update text Field On Button Press

Hello,

I'm new to Powerapps and struggling with this one so would appreciate any help that can be provided.

I have a multiscreen Form. On the first screen I have a button titled "CartonButton". When I press this button, I want it to update a text field "MaterialType" (which is on a different screen), and then transition to that different screen - Titled 'AddCarton'.

Is anyone able to help me with the fx for this? Not sure if I require to update the Default value, the onSelect etc.

Any help you can provide really would be apprecaited!

Thanks

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Please note that you can provide an addidional (third) parameter to your "Navigate" function and then use it on the target screen.

The following should work:

1. Create a new app

2. Add Button1 on Screen1

3. Add Screen2

4. Add Label1 on Screen2

5. Set Button1.OnSelect=Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Cover, {msg:"Updated"})

6. Set Label1.Text=msg

Note the "msg" parameter that is passed with "Navigate" function. In your case, it would probably be osmething like:

Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Cover, {msg:MaterialType.Value})

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dinusc
Microsoft
Microsoft

Please note that you can provide an addidional (third) parameter to your "Navigate" function and then use it on the target screen.

The following should work:

1. Create a new app

2. Add Button1 on Screen1

3. Add Screen2

4. Add Label1 on Screen2

5. Set Button1.OnSelect=Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Cover, {msg:"Updated"})

6. Set Label1.Text=msg

Note the "msg" parameter that is passed with "Navigate" function. In your case, it would probably be osmething like:

Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.Cover, {msg:MaterialType.Value})

Thank you so much - that worked great 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,011)