Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umesh_chape
Helper II
Helper II

Update values on form submit

Hello,

I have populated saved data from excel and want to update(edit) text box value in excel on button click.

Please suggest

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
eka24
Super User
Super User

You need to provide other column names but try:

Patch( Datasource, First( Filter( Datasource, ID = 2 ) ), { ColumnToUpDate: TextBoxName.Text } )

You can replace ID with the row number in excel

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = "Test" ) ), { Feedback: "usc" } )

This work for me but its hard coded. I want to make it dynamic. 

I have dropdown and textbox. Depend on drop down value that particular row should update. 

e.g.       Umesh - Test

Umesh 1 - Test1

If drop down value have Umesh then "test" should update  with new value

Thanks

You may have to give a screen shot or explain further. If you are patching from the dropdown:

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = "Test" ) ), { Feedback: Dropdown1.Selected.Value } )

Whatever is selected from Dropdown1 will be updated in the excel.

Or

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = Dropdown1.Selected.Value ) ), { Feedback: "usc" } )

Your example is not clear enough. i hope this helps

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I have attached screenshot from App and excel. 

If I have updated text values for Amit then only Amit's row in excel should update

Thanks

Your Table does not have column name so i assume Table1.ColumnInDropdown is on the DropDown.

1. Assuming you the dropdown is Dropdown1 and the Textbox is Textbox1.

2. In Textbox1 default Put:
     LookUp(Table2,ColumnInDropdown=Dropdown1.Selected.Value,Feedback)

or

LookUp(Table2,ColumnInDropdown=Dropdown1.Selected.ColumnInDropdown,Feedback)

3. Change the Patch to:
   Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = Dropdown1.Selected.Value ) ), { Feedback: Textbox1 .Text } )

or

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = Dropdown1.Selected.ColumnInDropdown) ), { Feedback: Textbox1 .Text } )

If you have issues show the formula on the dropdown

------------

Tried both solutions but its not giving any error and nothing happen after clicking update button

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value ) ), { Feedback: DataCardValue8_1.Text} )

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, Feedback = DataCardValue7_1.Selected.ColumnInDropdown) ), { Feedback: DataCardValue8_1.Text } )

TextBox Default formula: 

LookUp( Table2, PD_x0020_Name= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value, Feedback )

Thanks

Show the excel table again with Column Names.

Also show the ITEMS formula on the  Dropdown

------------

Item formula

Filter(Table1,( 'PD Name' in Table2.PD_x0020_Name) && 'PD Coach'=DataCardValue1_1.Text )

Please find attached Excel table

One more thing. What formula do you use to get the values from the dropdown into a textbox?

DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value

OR

DataCardValue7_1.Selected.Value

OR

DataCardValue7_1.Selected.'PD Name'

That is try the above formula to see which one will get the DataCardValue7_1 dropdown value to show in a textbox

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,722)