Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umesh_chape
Helper II
Helper II

Update values on form submit

Hello,

I have populated saved data from excel and want to update(edit) text box value in excel on button click.

Please suggest

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

I am not getting values from dropdown to textbox but for comparison using below formula

DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value 

Because you want a dynamic formula, i need to know which of the 4 options associated with dropdown will work in your case.

Otherwise i will have to be given different options of formula which will prolong the discussion.

So when use DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value in a default of a textbox. When you select the dropdown, Amir or Tushar appears in the textbox?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Its like 4 options for me but other person have other 4 or 14 options. The data is excel will be inserted from other source. 

By using below formula, I am pulling correct mapping from drop down value and  excel value i.e. if 'Tushar' is slected in drop down then formula will giving feedback  of Tushar from Excel.

LookUp( Table2, PD_x0020_Name= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value, Feedback )

Same way, I want to send the data but this time existing data should update instead of adding new row

Thanks 

If that is the case, assuming the formula below is in TEXTBOX1:

LookUp( Table2, PD_x0020_Name= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value, Feedback )

Patch formula should be:

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, PD_x0020_Name= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value ) ), { Feedback: TEXTBOX1.Text } )

Change TEXTBOX1 to the textbox on your form that contains the feedback field

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

That I tried but something in wrong in formula so getting below error

Expected operator. We expect an operator such as +,*,or & this point in the formula

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, PD_x0020_Name= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value ) ), { Feedback: DataCardValue8_1.Text } )

find attachment

Take a screen shot of the error after trying if the error still occurs:

Patch( Table2, First( Filter( Table2, 'PD_x0020_Name'= DataCardValue7_1.SelectedText.Value ) ),

{ Feedback: DataCardValue8_1.Text } )

------------

Same error. 

Please find attached screenshot

In the Table you showed in the excel, one od the column is 'PD Name' why are we using PD_x0020_Name

Are they the same

------------

Yes. They are same

Am confused. does your table show 'PD Name' or PD_x0020_Name. How are they the same

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,493)