cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

UpdateIf Command no longer recognizes Form Updates

When I opened up my Powerapps this morning, it appears the UpdateIf Command now has an issue recognizing the .Updates parameter on a Form:  

This is only happening on the UpdateIf command.  .Updates still works on other command (ClearColelct for Example):

This was working previously, not 100% sure what day it stopped working as I hadn't been in the App in a few days.  Need to get resolved ASAP!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: UpdateIf Command no longer recognizes Form Updates

Also, this occurs in both the Win10 App and the Web Designer.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JKarnesBloomin,

Thanks for the feedback.

Since here the UpdateIf() is working with collection, please make sure the collection has the corresponding field (column) recorded.

Per an easy example, the EditForm.updates works for the Updateif() function:

30.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I restored my PowerApp to version 2.0.722, and it all works fine.  I then Save an Publish and it upgrades to version 2.0.730 and it all breaks for the UpdateIf()

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

As a further test, I did the following:

1). Create a brand new Blank App

2). Added 2 Forms to the Page (Form1 and Form2).  Both Forms Point to the Same DataSource (SharePoint List)

3). Added 2 Buttons (ClearCollect, and UpdateIf).  The ClearCollection button runs this command Onselect:  ClearCollect(Collection, Form1.Updates)

The Update If Button runs this command OnSelect:  UpdateIf(Collection, true, Form2.Updates)

4). I am getting the same error:updateerror2.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JKarnesBloomin,

Thanks for the Detailed feedback.

I did some further test, and it seems that the issue here should be caused by the collection.

It seems in Current PowerApps version, the Updateif() function will not work with Collections,

sorry to say that I use the 'Collection' to name one of the testing SharePoint list in my first example, as I keep focused with the Form.Updates.

If switched to the acutal data source in the UpdateIf() formula (here it should be the SharePoint List in your scenario), there would be no error messages.

Besides, would you please share the steps about how you rollback to PowerApps version 2.0.722, with a system restore?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Ok, obvoulsy this was functionality that has worked since Powerapps was released, and there was no notification that this would be deprecated.  I assuem this is a bug with the current release which has now broken my PowerApps.  I have submitetd a support ticket directly 3 days ago and have not been contacted about it.  I need to either have this fixed, or a confirmation that thi sis now deprecated.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Also, for my restore steps, I just clicked the Version and clicked Restore and Published that Live through the portal(not the designer):

updateerror3.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also have a broken app now that the UpdateIF() will not save the form updates to a collection that is Patched to a SharePoint list.  Please advise alternative method.  The screens in the app contain multiple forms.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @JKarnesBloomin and @mjmmet,

Are the forms that you are using Display forms? in the formula bar can you put the cursor after "Form2." and see whether the intellisense shows 'Updates' as one of the properties of the form? If this happens to be the case the work around is to use an 'Edit' form instead of 'Display' form. That will have the updates and should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,269)