cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

UpdateIf for Radio Control

I have a series of Toggle controls (Toggle 1, Toggle 2, Toggle 2).

I have a Radio button control.

The Radio button default/position is set by the toggle controls and the status of the 'ComplianceStatus' column in the MemberCollection. 

I also have the following in the Default of the Radio button. In an attempt to grab

Switch(
          Toggle1.Value,false,"N/A",

Toggle2.Value=false,"Noncompliant","Compliant")

The UpdateIf  below works fine in the 'OnChange' of a toggle.

UpdateIf(MemberCollection, ID=ThisItem.ID, {ComplianceStatus: If(Self.Selected.Value="Compliant","Noncompliant")})

If I add the "N/A" parameter to it and put it in the  a Radio control, no bueno.

UpdateIf(MemberCollection, ID=ThisItem.ID, {ComplianceStatus: If(Self.Selected.Value="N/A","Compliant","Noncompliant")})

My assumption was because the Radio control allowed for three options simply adding "N/A" to the below for the Radio control would work. Apparently not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Phineas ,

Another post on the same issue - please refer to this one

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Phineas 

Just a few thoughts.

1. Is the special char on "N/A" is causing an issue? Did you tried to change the text like "Not Applicable"
  2. Does the Radio control have an item to set "N/A" which means are we trying to set a value which not exist?

Changed everything to be sure. Now th List/Collection and all controls reference simply 'NA'; no difference.

What I did realize, if I change the toggle manually from once position to another the update works fine.

However, If I try to use the toggle controls to trigger a change in the radio button position from one to another nothing happens.

So, it looks like part of the radio control and update work; when done manually.

The issue seems to be in the automatic formula in the Radio control Default which is suppose to force the radio control to change. That is not happening. Though it does happen if I change the Radion control manually.

The Toggle1 Default formula is -

Switch(Toggle1.Value,false,"NA",

Toggle2.Value=true,"Compliant","Noncompliant")

@Phineas ,

Another post on the same issue - please refer to this one

View solution in original post

Never could get the Radio to work properly. 

I found another way to my destination, just using the toggles to trigger each other.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,173)