cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bjoern_Jost
Frequent Visitor

UpdateIf has very long loading time when updating Sharepoint items in list above 1500 items

Hi,

I created an array of apps for a computer roll-out project.

In one of those apps the customer can view all computers which have been base-imaged with Windows, in this app he "bulk updates" the delivery address for 1-x devices with UpdateIf function.

While still testing it, it always worked great, since the Sharepoint list was now populated with above 1500 devices (but below 2000), the UpdateIf seems to run endlessly.

Here are some infos which hopefully help understanding the process:

- Bulk Update App

-- User selects device type and the amount of required devices for the particular delivery address

-- User enters delivery information

-- All devices are getting updated with that particular delivery information with UpdateIf

Code behind the "Submit" button:

If(Check_Bulk_4.Value=true; UpdateIf('Rollout-Q4-18-L01'; Serial_x0020_Number in ListBox1_1.SelectedItems.Value; {ZIP_x002d_Code: TextInput_ZIP_5.Text; City: TextInput_City_5.Text; Street: TextInput_Street_5.Text; BANF:TextInput_BANF_1.Text; OnSite_x002d_Responsible_x002d_P: TextInput_RespPersOnSite_1.Text; OnSite_x002d_Responsible_x002d_E:TextInput_RespPers_Email_1.Text; OnSite_x002d_Responsible_x002d_P0:TextInput_RespPers_Phone_1.Text; Reservation_x002d_Date:DatePicker_ResDate_1.SelectedDate; Assign_x002d:Toggle_Assign_1.Value; IT_x002d_Guy:ComboBox_IT_1.Selected.E_x002d_Mail; OnSite_x002d_Install_x002d_Start:DatePicker_EstInstDate_1.SelectedDate; Delivery_Type: dpd_Delivery.Selected.Value}))

Now when the user clicks the "Submit" button, the dots on top of the screen are running endlessly and nothing seems to happen.

I already used FirstN() for only displaying max. 50 devices in the "Select InvIDs..." box, but this seems to make no difference.

Sometimes when using "Ctrl+F5" and going back into the overview of devices, they have actually been assigned the delivery address, but its just not reliable and the users don't want to wait minutes everytime the clicked the "Submit" button.

I would be very greatful for any help because this is currently already used for real data and the rollout is a bit stuck due to this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers

BJ

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bjoern_Jost,

As an experiment, Create a collection from your datasource and run your update on that. See if it works faster.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look at this in a bit.

Meanwhile I found something else:

If I restart the app in Edge with Ctrl+F5 and go directly to the bulk update part, it seems to work without issues.

Is there any cache that is used in the browser that i might be able to clear before submitting the UpdateIf?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,703)