cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar9024021
Level: Powered On

Updated approver in dropdown, email doesn't get populated correctly

1. I have a NewForm in my powerapp which is used to create a new record. In NewForm, I have a dropdown called Approver where approver names are being populated from Office365Users connector. I have a textbox which stores the Approver Email, by setting the default value to DataCardValue12.Selected.Mail. Everything works fine here.

2. I have a EditForm in my powerapp, where user can edit the same record submitted in Step.1. If I change the approver which chose in Step.1 , the approver Email is not getting updated, despite setting the default value of EditForm textbox to DataCardValue12_1.Selected.Mail. The textbox here is always left to blank. The dropdown selected displayname is getting correctly updated into the datasource, but not the email address. May I know how to populate the updated approver email address  in a textbox ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Updated approver in dropdown, email doesn't get populated correctly

Hi @Kumar9024021 

Can you check that the Update property of the datacard points to the text Input that you are trying to save?

Also, can you carry out a test on your side, On the "OnChange" property of the Approver dropdown, use the expression:

ClearCollect(MyTestCollection, DataCardValue12_1.Selected)

now, on the textbox, use the expression: First(MyTestCollection).Mail

If you want to confirm, what is returned from the DataCardValue12_1.Selected, you can check the rows inside the MyTestCollection to make sure that the configuration is right.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Updated approver in dropdown, email doesn't get populated correctly

Hi @Kumar9024021 

Can you check that the Update property of the datacard points to the text Input that you are trying to save?

Also, can you carry out a test on your side, On the "OnChange" property of the Approver dropdown, use the expression:

ClearCollect(MyTestCollection, DataCardValue12_1.Selected)

now, on the textbox, use the expression: First(MyTestCollection).Mail

If you want to confirm, what is returned from the DataCardValue12_1.Selected, you can check the rows inside the MyTestCollection to make sure that the configuration is right.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,632)