cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth
Level: Powered On

Updating ComboBox values

I have a form with a combobox with Category, Role and Rate.  The user can select multiple rates for a given Category/Role.  My problem is two-fold.  First, I cannot see the rate.  Is there anyway to display the rate?  Second, it looks like I'm only saving the last item selected.

My Update variable is set to ComboBox1.Selected.Rate, I think this is the problem as it is only selecting one rate.

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Updating ComboBox values

Hello ruth,

If I understand correctly, the first issue is that the Rate values do not show in the ComboBox that is bound to that Table field. I assume your form is bound to a SharePoint list (let me know if this is not the case). If so then ensure that:

1. The SharePoint "Rate" list field is set to accept multiple values. 

2. The ComboBox card from the Powerapps form is of type " Edit MultiSelect" (see the picture below)

Capture.PNG

That should solve the first issue.

For the second issue, make sure to use the "SelectedItems" property instead of "Selected. The Update property must be set to ComboBox1.SelectedItems (not ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Rate).

Hope this helps.

ruth

So, this might be what I'm doing wrong.  The field on SP is a text field because the reference list (Rates list) resides on a different site.  I've created lookups before w text fields but only for single values.  This was my first attempt to try to do a multivalue combobox w a text field as the base, maybe it can't be done.

I did try the combobox.selecteditems.rate but it says its not valid. 

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by "multivalue combobox w a text field as the base".

I would suggest to create a test app (File/New/Start with your data/SharePoint) from your SharePoint list. That app should pull the correct data in your combobox and also should be able to save selected data back to the list. You can then see the auto created formulas for your data. Let me know if that helped.

ruth

The challenge I'm having is that the Sharepoint list I'm accessing is on a different site.  So, the field on the current list is a text field.  I can create a simple lookup but I need a lookup with the ability to select multiple items.  This is whyI am trying to use a combo box.  But maybe this is something that cannot be done.

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

This definetely can be done. As suggested before, try to use "SelectedItems", not "SelectedItems.Rate". If you need to access the field value, then use "SelectedItems.Value" as following:

ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value

The following however shuold work as well:

ListBox1.Items=ComboBox1.SelectedItems

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,977)