Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryang
Helper I
Helper I

Updating Multiple Entries in a Sharepoint List

As part of the OnVisible Property of  Screen i have the following formula:

ClearCollect(PassengersTemp,Filter(Passengers,BookingId=BookingFilterId))

Then on a button I have the following formula which has no errors until after I click the button:

Forumla - ForAll(PassengersTemp,Patch(Passengers,First(Filter(Passengers,ID=ID)),{Queue:Queue+1}))

Error - The requested operation is invalid. Server response: Fetching items failed. Possible invalid string in filter query.

What I am essentially attempting to do, update a subset of the Passengers table all at once. I had done a concept similar to this using SQL Server as the data source. I do not know if there is something I am over looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

Even though I didn't post the question, your solution helped me great deal. Thanks @ryang 

Thanks @Eelman. Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,166)