Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryang
Helper I
Helper I

Updating Multiple Entries in a Sharepoint List

As part of the OnVisible Property of  Screen i have the following formula:

ClearCollect(PassengersTemp,Filter(Passengers,BookingId=BookingFilterId))

Then on a button I have the following formula which has no errors until after I click the button:

Forumla - ForAll(PassengersTemp,Patch(Passengers,First(Filter(Passengers,ID=ID)),{Queue:Queue+1}))

Error - The requested operation is invalid. Server response: Fetching items failed. Possible invalid string in filter query.

What I am essentially attempting to do, update a subset of the Passengers table all at once. I had done a concept similar to this using SQL Server as the data source. I do not know if there is something I am over looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

Even though I didn't post the question, your solution helped me great deal. Thanks @ryang 

Thanks @Eelman. Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,039)