Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryang
Helper I
Helper I

Updating Multiple Entries in a Sharepoint List

As part of the OnVisible Property of  Screen i have the following formula:

ClearCollect(PassengersTemp,Filter(Passengers,BookingId=BookingFilterId))

Then on a button I have the following formula which has no errors until after I click the button:

Forumla - ForAll(PassengersTemp,Patch(Passengers,First(Filter(Passengers,ID=ID)),{Queue:Queue+1}))

Error - The requested operation is invalid. Server response: Fetching items failed. Possible invalid string in filter query.

What I am essentially attempting to do, update a subset of the Passengers table all at once. I had done a concept similar to this using SQL Server as the data source. I do not know if there is something I am over looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@ryang  PowerApps doesn't like ID=ID. You can use disambiguation or what I've also done in the past is rename one of the ID columns like this:

ForAll( RenameColumns(PassengersTemp, "ID", "ID1"), Patch(Passengers, First( Filter(Passengers, ID = ID1)), { Queue: Queue+1 } ));

View solution in original post

Even though I didn't post the question, your solution helped me great deal. Thanks @ryang 

Thanks @Eelman. Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,281)