cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating SharePoint item by Canvas Power Apps

Hi everyone.

I have SharePoint list and wanna update item using new data from Power Apps Canvas.

I have fields (Title, Project, etc..) and after clicking Submit button, I wanna run flow, which has "Update item" block
But, after i added it I got an error "Registering error".

1. Is it possible to update an item from Power Apps data?
2. Why I get this error message?

5 REPLIES 5
Advocate II
Advocate II

Once the SharePoint List is a connected Data Source in the PowerApp, you should be able to create rows in the SharePoint list using the Collect(), ClearCollect() or Patch() functions. Additionally, you can use the out-of-the-box form functionality, using the SharePoint list as the Form object's Data Source.

I wanna create new item in the flow, not in an app.
The main goal is to pass data from powerapps to flow

I see. I have had issues adding a Flow to a PowerApp because I was not adding the flow as the user who owns the Flow, even as a Co-Owner. I've also had issues adding the Flow if there are various connections from different editing users being used.

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kaxa 

This error usually occurs when there is a parameter passed from app to flow of type other than string. As per the current capabilities, the parameters should of type string. Can you please confirm if the passed parameters are of type string? If they are not, then you can remove all the "Ask in PowerApps" created parameters, save the flow and then create them again. Make sure that they are string type. You can initialize variables, and set the type as string, then select ask in PowerApps. This way the parameters will be created as type string.

Once all the parameters are properly adjusted, you can try to attach the flow again.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

Yeah, flow starting to work, thanks.
But another problem is How to pass choice from dropdown item as String?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (82,156)