cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajhstn
Helper I
Helper I

Updating Sharepoint rows, multiple users

Hello, trying to get around an issue where we need multiple users using a powerapp, and simultaneously performing SubmitForm() actions against the same row..

3 REPLIES 3
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to know how to do this reliably as well. 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ajhstn,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the issue within your app?

Further, do you get a ETag mismatch error within your app?

I suppose that you got a ETag mismatch error within your app, is it true?

The user @MTrotzer has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Problems-with-editing-the-same-database-recor...

I have posted this issue to my product team already, and they are aware of this issue and investigating it. If the issue is solved, I would reply here.

In addition, you could also get more details about the updates in this issue within PowerApps Support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello.

• I have a SP List as a data source, with columns title and count.
  • This is turned into a powerapp.
  • In the powerapp, i have a "plus" and "minus" button which increments the value in count
  • When the user saves the form, the new count total is saved back to the SP list.

The issue is when two uses have the app running, both incrementing the count value, when one hits save, it will save the value back to the list, but the other user still has the "old" count value..

The goal of the app, is to Count people as they enter a room, and save it incrementally back to the list, which has a bashboard attached to it, which gives us view as to how our rooms are filling up..

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,811)