cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkusler
Helper III
Helper III

Updating View Form with Updated SharePoint Data, not from the Gallery in the App

I have an app that collects various bits of information and then stores the information in a SharePoint list. This app works just fine. However, I have a second app that connects to this data source and has a gallery view of all the submissions from the first app as it serves as work queue for the user. 

Item:

SortByColumns(
Filter('Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT', Fulfillment.Value = "Incomplete"),
"Created",Descending)

OnSelect:

Navigate(DetailsScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade)

The idea is that the user clicks on each item within the gallery and is taken to a details screen that contains a form view of the information collected from the first app. On this screen is an edit form that contains two boxes, a place to put initials and a place to mark fulfillment complete.

DataSource:

[@'Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT']

Item:

Gallery5.Selected

Once the user performs their physical task, enters their initials and then selects "Complete" from the dropdown list they hit submit and they are taken back to the other screen where the gallery is and the item disappears.

However, on a third screen I maintain a list of all the "Completed" items in case they need to go back. However, on this screen the "Initials" and "Fulfillment Status" fields are not showing the updated values which are in SharePoint. 

How can I ensure there values are being read from the updated SharePoint source and not the data as it was in the Gallery? I have tried a few different things that I have seen on the forum, but have not had success with any of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mkusler ,

That was the code I was referring to - you are updating the list and the gallery should refresh. Your filter is 

Filter(
   'Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT', 
   Fulfillment.Value = "Complete"
)

I am assuming the records that are updated are in the Filter? If so, you can refresh the List

Refresh('Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT')

but this should not be necessary and affects performance.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @mkusler ,

What are the Items of the gallery?

They represent each row of my SharePoint list...

Items:

SortByColumns(
Filter('Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT', Fulfillment.Value = "Complete"),
"Created",Descending)

@mkusler ,

Is that the gallery on the third screen? I was assuming it was the first one.

mkusler
Helper III
Helper III

Yes. The difference between the two is one shows incomplete and the third screen shows completes, but when you select an item to view details,it isn't showing the updated data that was submitted to SP. I am pretty new to all this, thanks!

@mkusler ,

Interesting - it should refresh as it is pointing directly at the list. It may however take a few seconds. What code are you using to update the list?

I'm guessing that I am not using any code to update the list.

Should I build some sort of refresh command into the edit form that contains the two bits of info that are updated by the user?

@mkusler ,

If you want data to update in a gallery based on a List, you need to write the new data to that list. I am assuming you save the edit form?

mkusler
Helper III
Helper III

I have a button with a simple "SubmitForm" command, that updates the SP list. That is it.

@mkusler ,

That was the code I was referring to - you are updating the list and the gallery should refresh. Your filter is 

Filter(
   'Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT', 
   Fulfillment.Value = "Complete"
)

I am assuming the records that are updated are in the Filter? If so, you can refresh the List

Refresh('Daily Picking Data - NEW DRAFT')

but this should not be necessary and affects performance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,425)