cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caltmiks
Frequent Visitor

Updating a Text or Choice Column based on a Multiple Choice Column

Hello,

My PowerApp is connected to a SharePoint list. In that SharePoint list I have a multi select column that contains supplier scopes. There are 30 choices in that column and could be a combination of anywhere from 1 to possibly all selections.

I am using the formula at the bottom (I know its a mess, any advice on how to do it a better way appreciated) to update a Single Line of Text field in a SharePoint list to either "Yes" or "No" based on what is in the Multi Choice Column.

When I submit the information the Yes or No doesn't change until I go back and submit it a second time. I will try to show this in screenshots.

1) I start here with nothing in the multiselect in the Edit Form.

caltmiks_1-1646159671116.png

2) On the Detail Form it shows:

caltmiks_2-1646159717960.png

3) When I add a critical scope on the edit screen the CriticalScopeText doesn't update automatically which is fine since I haven't submitted the form yet.

caltmiks_3-1646159832982.png

4) Now I submit the form and CriticalScopeText on the Detail Screen doesn't update.

caltmiks_4-1646159892986.png

5) If I navigate back to the edit screen again CriticalScopeText has updated properly.

caltmiks_5-1646159951185.png

6) If I submit again from the EditScreen the Details Screen CriticalScopeText has updated properly.

caltmiks_6-1646160008137.png

The primary question is if there is any way to get around having to submit the Edit, navigate to details, navigate to edit, submit the edit, navigate to details to get that field to update? I really want the critical scope question to remain view only so people editing the details can't change the answer. If need be I can hide it on the edit form. I have tried both as view and edit and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Secondary question and not a major issue, but it would be nice to reduce the number of columns.

Is there a way to change a critical scope dropdown box with Yes,No,NA as choices instead of using single line of text how I have done it?

caltmiks_7-1646160174237.png

If("Heat Treatment" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Foundry Sand" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Coating (Non-Paint)" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Forgings Closed Die" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Forgings Open Die" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Foundry Investment" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("NDE Liquid Penetrant Inspection" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("NDE Magnetic Particle Inspection" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("NDE Radiography" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("NDE Ultrasonic" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Thermal Processes" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Welding Cladding" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Welding Pressure Containing" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Welding Repair" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Welding Special" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes",If("Welding Structural" in Concat(ThisItem.ScopeMatrix,Value,", "),"Yes","No"))))))))))))))))

Thank you for the assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @caltmiks,

There is a duplicated thread here that you have resolved it.

I will mark here to close this case.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @caltmiks,

There is a duplicated thread here that you have resolved it.

I will mark here to close this case.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,657)