Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudy_Digital
Helper I
Helper I

Updating a specific data in a column in sharepoint list

Hello everyone,

Really need your help urgently.

Actually i want to update the status column (Single line of text) in my sharepoint list (Candidates).

When i submit the Form 1 i need the status to be "Submitted".

Later in screen 2, upon adding some other informations, when i submit the Form2, i need the status in my SPList to change from "Submitted" to "Admitted".

Below the scenario:

Rudy_Digital_0-1619453538167.png

I tried a few patch lines of code with first filter and so on, nothing worked.

Thanks for helping 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rudy_Digital
Helper I
Helper I

Finally solved, i used this as formula: 

Patch('Candidates',Form2.LastSubmit,{'Status': "Admitted"})

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Can you share the formula that is not working?  Are there any red lines or error messages?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
JB0007
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Rudy_Digital ,

You can add the Candidate column as a field in the form and set its value to permanently  Admitted in the Default function of the DatacardValue.

You can also hide the field afterwards if the users dont have to see it.

Hello again mate,

I used this formula: Patch('Candidates',Defaults('Candidates'),'Status':{Value:"Shipment Requested"}).

I think it is not the proper syntax to be used.

Thanks 🙂

Hello, 

The "Candidate" is my SPList name. I think you wanted to say 'Status' column.

For the Form1 it worked but when i doesn't work on the second screen. when i hit the button it is supposed to change from "submitted" to "admitted".

Thanks

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

If you do something similar to what we did before with forms one and two, when you open the second form you can set the value of the Status data card to Admitted and then when you save, it will update.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

For some additional information, you can do this.  In form 2( or whichever form you are updating here) in the StatusDataCardValue, set your property something like this:

If(DataSource, Status = "Submitted", "Admitted", "Submitted")

The thing is that the status is should show 'submitted' when the second form is opened. If we change the default value to 'Admitted', as soon as the form2 opens, the status is shown as 'Admitted' even if i have not yet hit the button admitted.

Actually it is not the form2 that i need to update, it is the SPlist 'Status' Column.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Right, just add to your existing patch statement the Status: "Admitted", it will update the status column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (947)