cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlosrush1pp
Regular Visitor

Updating checkbox value from Form into excel datacard

Hello guys, I am little bit stuck on this one. I have a forms with datacards, in which there are also checkboxes. I want to submit my form, but also want to add a text into another column, depending on if the user has selected the checkbox or not (into an excel). My issue is that I don’t know how to combine my text value and my checkbox value (which needs to be added into another column)

This is the code I have on my datacard “First_Name” on Update Property

Concatenate(DataCardValue2_1.Text,   If(Checkbox3.Value = true, Patch(Table2_2, Defaults(Table2_2), {FN_manuell: "yes"})) )

It just doesn’t work

The idea is, the form is based on an AI builder and if the AI doesn’t get every column right, the user should be able to select the checkbox, so that the excel helps me to see which columns the ai got right and which needed to be filled in manually.

Did I miss something? Can u guys help me? Is this even possible? Just tired and confused at this point. Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @carlosrush1pp  - Are these fields in the same datasource? - I assumed they were not based on your use of Patch.

If this is the same datasource, you don't need to use patch, just use the SubmitForm action, but change the default text in the 'FN_manualle' field.

To do this, show the 'FN_manuell' field in the form, change the default for the datacardvalue within to 

If(Checkbox3.Value, "Yes")

Then switch the visible property of the 'FN_manuell' Datacard to false.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @carlosrush1pp 

Can you try this:

If(

Checkbox3.Value,

Patch(Table2_2, Defaults(Table2_2),

{FN_manuell: DataCardValue2_1.Text & "_Yes"}

)

Hi @AmDev , thanks for your reply

unfortunately this isn‘t he output that I want. Datacardvalue2_1.Text has an another column (First_Name) than the „FN_manuell“ so they shouldn’t be togehter in one column

ex:

First_Name | FN_manuell

Steve         |  yes

Sorry for the confusion!

Hi @carlosrush1pp  - Are these fields in the same datasource? - I assumed they were not based on your use of Patch.

If this is the same datasource, you don't need to use patch, just use the SubmitForm action, but change the default text in the 'FN_manualle' field.

To do this, show the 'FN_manuell' field in the form, change the default for the datacardvalue within to 

If(Checkbox3.Value, "Yes")

Then switch the visible property of the 'FN_manuell' Datacard to false.

Hope this helps

this works perfectly. Wow. I thought way too complicated 😄

Thank you so much! Have a nice weekend

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,436)