cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshShutts
Helper I
Helper I

Updating excel files within a document library

Hello. I am wondering if there is a way to update an excel file, that resides in a SharePoint document library, using a power app form? The company i work for does not yet allow to link Power Apps to a drive like One Drive so I wondering is this is an option. I would like to build a form that is connected to an excel file that I have in the library and I want the user to be able to work and update fields within that excel file. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoshShutts ,

You could use Excel Online (Business) Connector to achieve this.

The Excel Online (Business) Connector allows users to work with Excel files in document libraries that are supported by Microsoft Graph (OneDrive for Business, SharePoint sites (preview), and Microsoft 365 Groups).

1. Here is my excel in SharePoint Document library.

vyujincuimsft_1-1652251348025.png

2. Here is my App.

vyujincuimsft_2-1652251682825.png

Here is a link for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-excel

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoshShutts ,

You could use Excel Online (Business) Connector to achieve this.

The Excel Online (Business) Connector allows users to work with Excel files in document libraries that are supported by Microsoft Graph (OneDrive for Business, SharePoint sites (preview), and Microsoft 365 Groups).

1. Here is my excel in SharePoint Document library.

vyujincuimsft_1-1652251348025.png

2. Here is my App.

vyujincuimsft_2-1652251682825.png

Here is a link for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-excel

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Hi Charlie. This definitely is taking me in the right direction it appears but I am receiving an error saying the table didn't load correctly and the service rate limit has been reached. Not sure if that's something on my end

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoshShutts ,

Is the error still occurs?

It seems that a temporary problem.

Here is a link that for your reference:

http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/excel-service-rate-limit

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

JoshShutts
Helper I
Helper I

I actually figured out my problem. I was converting the whole excel sheet to a table instead of just the data. This worked perfect. Thanks Charlie!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,675)