cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mj4golf
Frequent Visitor

Updating list fields in SP with Powerapps

I have a generated mobile app from a SP list. I have the "Completed" date on all three screens, Browse, Detail, n Edit. There is a checkbox on the detail(View mode) and a checkbox on the edit(Edit mode). Both have different Labels but when I check the edit checkbox I want it to update the view checkbox and also the completed date column in the SP list. How to do that? Or, can/should use the same label on both screens? Or use a 'hidden' variable someplace like in Excel? If I souind confused....!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mj4golf,

Are these "Completed" checkboxes also connected to the SharePoint list data source? If not, they are just independent controls, then here are the steps to achieve this:

1. Add a checkbox control in Edit screen and name it Checkbox1.

2. Add a checkbox control in Detail screen and name it Checkbox2.

3. Set the Default property of Checkbox2 to:

Checkbox1

And that's it! Everytime you change the status of Checkbox1 in Editscreen, Checkbox2 would show the same status.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the answer and I do have a logical y/n field in the SP list.  But how would I update the completed date  field with the current date when the checkbox is checked?

Miike

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,263)