cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating two lists simultaneously

Hi,

I am creating a survey form where enter a few details about themselves and then can provide multiple references (Maximum not defined, but I am open to defining 15 as maximum).

My current layout plan is this:

Form 1: User Info (Sharepoint List1)

Form 2. Additional User Info (Sharepoint List1)

Form3: References (Sharepoint List2)

Since there can be multiple references for a single user, I have created another Sharepoint List for those records. (Columns are: User Name, Reference Name, Reference Id)

I want to be able to submit all this information to the Sharepoint Lists in a single go. I do not want to save User details and not References or the other way around. 

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Multiple Form submit is not available for the form control with the same data source configured.

Please check the following thread for more details:

Submit multiple forms

So in your scenario, Form 1 and form2 should be within the same form control, and only use one Submitform() function.

If here you would like to seperate the item, then please consider take use of Patch() with the second screen of the List1.

Scenarios should be as below:

1. For List1, if you would like to split the Form control into two screen, then we could take use of form control wih the first screen,

2. Configure the second screen with available fields matches the field in List1, then use patch () function to submit those values, 

3. Configure the Third Form Data Source property to List2, 

4. For the Submit button, the formula under the OnSelect property should be:

SubmitForm(EditForm1);Patch(List1, EditForm.LastSubmit, {NeededFieldName:FieldValue});SubmitForm(EditForm2)

Execution order should be:

1. First create new record under List1 with value from Form1 control, 

2. Then use patch() function to find the proper record with Form.LastSubmit, after that, update the other fields of the List1,

3. After that, use Form2 control to create new record for List 2.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,406)