cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richrich123 Helper I
Helper I

Updating values from one list into a master list

Hello,

I know this is probably very basic but I'm very much learning. After some searching and watching videos, I can't quite work this out and would appreciate any help.

I have 2 lists. My primary to hold my commission data collected and a secondary to hold a lookup list of the commission type and percentage for each one.

Primary List:

Salesman Name

Customer Name

Order Value £

Commission Type

Commission %

Secondary List:

Commission Type

Commission %

As the Commission Type and Commission % are linked together and fixed, they could be entered in a mismatch if they were picked individually (plus you would have to remember what percentage went with which product hence I have them in a second list)

Trainer 8%

Jumpers 10%

Hats 5

On my App I have added type and percentage as a data table from my secondary list (see attached screenshot) and that's fine but where I am stuck is how to take those 2 selected values pulled in from my secondary lookup list and write them back into the type and percentage field in my primary list.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Updating values from one list into a master list

Hi @richrich123 ,

I picked your post up from the unanswered list and will try to help you.

So what you are trying to do is put the commission % from the second (I presume reference) list when you edit or create a new record in the first list based on the commission type selected in that list?

Firstly, a lookup will get the figure for you, we just need to decide when and how you use this (the below is for a DropDown/ComboBox)

Lookup(
   'Secondary List',
   'Commission Type' = <Your control name>.Selected.Value,   //.Value could be different
   'Commission %'
)

Please send me screen shot and some details of the field, control and list names.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @richrich123 ,

I picked your post up from the unanswered list and will try to help you.

So what you are trying to do is put the commission % from the second (I presume reference) list when you edit or create a new record in the first list based on the commission type selected in that list?

Firstly, a lookup will get the figure for you, we just need to decide when and how you use this (the below is for a DropDown/ComboBox)

Lookup(
   'Secondary List',
   'Commission Type' = <Your control name>.Selected.Value,   //.Value could be different
   'Commission %'
)

Please send me screen shot and some details of the field, control and list names.

View solution in original post

eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

Will this video may help if you have not seen it already. Daniel Christian
https://youtu.be/gRAnpZJESiE
richrich123 Helper I
Helper I

Thank you - that worked.

richrich123 Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Eka, will take a watching

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,577)