cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uypham
Frequent Visitor

Upgrade managed solution from one development environment to another enviroment

Hi All, 

I'm currently dealing with solution layers and looking for input on managing the solution layers between two dev environments. 

• In dev 1 environment, I have solution A, where all the tables and columns are created. Then exported solution A as managed.
  • In dev 2 environment, I imported solution A, and then created a new solution B on top of it. The dev 2 includes other objects (apps, forms, dashboards, etc.)

When I need to add a new field on a specific form (eg. contact form), where should I add this field? 

• I'm thinking to add this field to solution A, then exporting the newer solution. At the end, install this newer version of solution A to dev 2 environment.
  • The other option is to add the new field right on solution B. 

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @uypham ,

Usually, I will avoid doing some customization on the components of the target environment i.e. create an unmanaged layer.

So, I will choose the first method.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

@v-xiaochen-msft thank you for input.

I also have another environment for installing managed solutions. And the sequence is the solution A first, then solution B. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,066)