cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Upload Image to Sharepoint using native camera

I am trying to upload an image to a sharepoint library using the "Add Picture" utility. 

This worked for me in another PowerApp using SQL DB, but i cant seem to get it to work using Sharepoint. 

I attempted to use the dataUriToBinary method, but received the attached error in my flow. 

File Content in Flow: dataUriToBinary(triggerBody()['Createfile_FileContent'])
OnClick: ExpenseImageSent.Run(UploadedImage2.Image)

Is there a way for this to be done? I need to use the Add Picture utility so users can take pictures with their native camera, as well as upload images from their device. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Upload Image to Sharepoint using native camera

Hi @nvrhughes ,

I have done a blog on this that should cover your query. Happy to elaborate further after you have read this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I see that you are writing to a multiline text field in a Sharepoint list. Will I be able to populate a gallery from this sharepoint list containing my images once uploaded? For example, if the user needs to edit or change the photo later down the road, can i display what is in the list in my app? Or do i need to add these to a Sharepoint library? @WarrenBelz 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@nvrhughes ,

There are several options in the blog including a library and attachments.

The multi line text field is good for “static” photos when you only want to view them in Power Apps as it saves the need for another library. You can also view attachments as noted. There is no provision to “edit “ photos ( the changed one would need to be re-uploaded and saved).

If you write to multi line text and want to put it into a library, it would need to be converted (base64ToBinary) with a Flow to convert to a photo.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,782)