Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talha
Advocate II
Advocate II

Upload Photos to Onedrive From PowerApp

Hi...

i tried two way to Upload photos to Onedrive from Power Apps... but i struct in both method due to following issue..

1. i tried to upload photos to Onedrive through Flow (sent Path, FileName , Content) Path & FileName was working fine but the content was in not supported format (i used comman to used content is MyCamera.Photo)

Not supported file.PNG

the Image shows the file created in onedrive with not supported (image) format.

2. i tried to Upload the image to Common data service. i have created new entity but the column type not having image type field ...

in the my second option also i did not having image type.

Can any one help me to resolve the above issue or any other way to opload photos to onedrive...

Thanks..

Talha

16 REPLIES 16
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Talha,

Generally, we use the first method to achieve your requirement. I saw some pics are shown correctly in the screenshot, it means that this should work. Have you checked what are the formats of these failed pics? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for replay..

sorry... I missed to mark the pictures in attached screenshot...

i have created last four pictures from Powerapps using camera control feature..

X

Not supported file 1.PNG

enten.PNG

the above files contain the format as file... i did change to jpeg file format.. no data in image fully black color.

Hi Mona...

i have notice in outputs log in flow, the format as application/octet-streamoutputs.PNG

thanks..

Talha

Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello

Any progress? I can't find a way to upload images from PowerApps to Onedrive.

starwispy
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@Talha @Mike8

Try the following tutorial:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/add-images-to-excel/

• This method requires an Excel spreadsheet stored in OneDrive, but if you follow the steps correctly, your PowerApp will create a folder in OneDrive and store the images from your PowerApp. 

If you are wanting help with the Camera control, another useful tutorial can be found here (though it uses SharePoint as the save location):  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Solved-How-to-save-captured-images-in-SharePoint...

Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @starwispy

I can't thank you enough.
I followed the instructions of the first link and it worked. I have been doing the same thing but I wasn't using the [image] in the column name of the excel table. I will also try to follow the instructions of the second link, too. I hope it will work.
Thank you for your help.

Glad I could help!  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for the link. I have successfully used this method and the Patch method to copy images up to an Excel file, with images being stored in a OneDrive folder. Her is my question/dilema.  Files uploaded to Excel have a caption and an image path. That same image path gets saved in the OneDrive folder along with the image. But because of the complex nature of the filename, it's really difficult to identify each image in OneDrive after you have more than a few. PowerApps_ExcelPaths.jpg

Is there any way to, 1) rename the image path to something meaningful from within PowerApps, before saving to Excel/OneDrive. Or, append the Caption title (assuming the caption title would always have the proper syntax:nospaces, etc.) to the Image file name.

My installers may upload 20-30 images per day. That will really bog down PowerApps and a Gallery. I would like to offload images from the default OneDrive folder into specific Job sub-folders each day or two. But I need a specific filename in order to do that. Captions like 24689 could tell me that all images including 24689 belong to the same job.

I am trying to get a Flow to work as well to see if there is any other flexibility in using that method. Still working on it.

Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JimmyS wrote:

Thank you for the link. I have successfully used this method and the Patch method to copy images up to an Excel file, with images being stored in a OneDrive folder. Her is my question/dilema.  Files uploaded to Excel have a caption and an image path. That same image path gets saved in the OneDrive folder along with the image. But because of the complex nature of the filename, it's really difficult to identify each image in OneDrive after you have more than a few. PowerApps_ExcelPaths.jpg

Is there any way to, 1) rename the image path to something meaningful from within PowerApps, before saving to Excel/OneDrive. Or, append the Caption title (assuming the caption title would always have the proper syntax:nospaces, etc.) to the Image file name.

My installers may upload 20-30 images per day. That will really bog down PowerApps and a Gallery. I would like to offload images from the default OneDrive folder into specific Job sub-folders each day or two. But I need a specific filename in order to do that. Captions like 24689 could tell me that all images including 24689 belong to the same job.

I am trying to get a Flow to work as well to see if there is any other flexibility in using that method. Still working on it.

Hello JimmyS,

Did you figure out how to rename the image path ?
Also I would like to ask, if you use filter for the images, to display them in a gallery.
If you have 20- 30 images per day, you will reach the 500 limit soon.
Do you have a solution for that?

Thank you in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,136)