cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summitb
Level: Powered On

Upload a document to a SharePoint List in Model Driven

I'm developing an application where there is a custom entity. With that entity, I want to be able to upload related documents that are directly uploaded in SharePoint Document List. Can anyone guide me through?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Upload a document to a SharePoint List in Model Driven

Hi @summitb,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which app do you created on your side? A canvas app or a Model-Driven app?

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-your-common-data-service-entities/

If you want to upload a doc to your SP list from a canvas app, please check above blog I provided to achieve your needs.

If you want to upload a doc to your SP list from a Model-Driven app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps Model-Driven app, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
summitb

Hi,
I want to create a Model-Driven App, I have an Entity called Service Partner. These partners will have different documents or files (pdfs, images) associated with them. Instead of using attachments, I want to relate this entity to a Sharepoint Document Entity. I have create a relationship between these two but its not appearing in the related.
Microsoft PowerApps (3).png

I have related the entity here with the SharePoint Document Entity along with other entities.

screen.png
Other related entities are showing up but not the documents.

I don't want to use Notes and attachments, I want to use associate Specifically to SharePoint document.

romber

Hi @summitb did you solve this task? Are you able to upload documents from Model-Driven App into the sharepoint ? I'm solving pretty much the same issue and I'm running out of the ideas..

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,942)