cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Upload a document to a SharePoint List in Model Driven

I'm developing an application where there is a custom entity. With that entity, I want to be able to upload related documents that are directly uploaded in SharePoint Document List. Can anyone guide me through?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Upload a document to a SharePoint List in Model Driven

Hi @summitb,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which app do you created on your side? A canvas app or a Model-Driven app?

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-your-common-data-service-entities/

If you want to upload a doc to your SP list from a canvas app, please check above blog I provided to achieve your needs.

If you want to upload a doc to your SP list from a Model-Driven app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps Model-Driven app, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,
I want to create a Model-Driven App, I have an Entity called Service Partner. These partners will have different documents or files (pdfs, images) associated with them. Instead of using attachments, I want to relate this entity to a Sharepoint Document Entity. I have create a relationship between these two but its not appearing in the related.
Microsoft PowerApps (3).png

I have related the entity here with the SharePoint Document Entity along with other entities.

screen.png
Other related entities are showing up but not the documents.

I don't want to use Notes and attachments, I want to use associate Specifically to SharePoint document.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @summitb did you solve this task? Are you able to upload documents from Model-Driven App into the sharepoint ? I'm solving pretty much the same issue and I'm running out of the ideas..

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,064)